Wednesday, November 20, 2013

While November is infamous as "no school November" this month is still incredibly busy! I'm looking forward to this weekend, and getting through all the tests and projects I have due in the next few days. Right now I'm fully immersed in my AP English class' study of the Scarlet Letter, my honors chemistry class' study of anions and cations, and studying various Supreme Court cases in my AP government class.

In my last post I mentioned the Food For Thought luncheon. The event occurred last week, and it was a great experience. Jane McGonigal gave a very interesting talk that was similar to her TED talk, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to hear her speak live. The student speaker was equally impressive, and her speech brought all the attendees to their feet. Opportunities like this are one of the reasons I love being an ambassador, as is having shadows. I've had two shadows so far this year and both have been super sweet, and I hope to see them at SMA next year. I know shadowing really helped me choose St. Mary's, so it's interesting experiencing the other side of the day as the one being shadowed. I strongly recommend scheduling a time to shadow if you haven't already!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!