Thursday, November 7, 2013

November

Happy November! November is one of my favorite months, and I'm looking forward to having a four day weekend this week. This Friday we have a half day, and my friend Holly (another ambassador blogger) and I are going to a reading by Tavi Gevinson, the creator of Rookie, an amazing website, and now book series.

Next week I will be helping out at Food For Thought, a St. Mary's fundraiser luncheon. This year the guest speaker is Jane McGonigal, a New York Times best selling author known for creating amazing games meant to improve people's lives. I highly recommend watching her TED talk, and attending the event.

Next week is also exciting because part of my class will be at Junior Encounter, a retreat at Camp Collins. I am not attending the November encounter, but I am looking forward to hearing my friends' stories about it, as I've heard it is a great experience.